To upgrade first you will need to purchase the Premium theme. Payment is done through PayPal.
Deleting the Free Version
- Go to the themes section of your WordPress admin. If your active theme is the free version of Tropicana then you will need to activate any other theme that is installed. You can do this by hovering over any of the other themes in your list of themes and clicking the “Activate” button. If you don’t have any other themes installed you can just install another free theme by clicking the “Add New” button at the top of the page. You will be taken to a page showing you other free WordPress themes which you can install and activate.
- Once you have activated another theme, click the deactivated Tropicana theme. You will see a popup window with information about the theme. There will also be a small delete button in the bottom right. Click this button.
- You will see a prompt asking you if you are sure that you want to delete the theme. Click Ok.
- The theme will be deleted and you will be taken back to the themes pages of your admin with a little message at the top of the page telling you the theme has now been deleted.
Installing the Premium Theme from a Zip File
Once you have deleted the free version you will be able to install the Premium version that you purchased:
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Click “Add New” and then “Upload Theme” and select the zip file you downloaded.
- Once it has installed click “Activate” and that’s all there is to it.