If you would like to use a font that is not available in the theme’s font list this can be done by using the free Use Any Font WordPress plugin. It supports TTF, OTF and WOFF file formats. Unfortunately the free version of the plugin only allows for the upload of one custom font but their premium licensing is donation-based with the lowest donation allowed being $10 so if you really want to use a custom font on your site and can’t use Google Fonts then it’s quite an affordable option. The other great thing about it is that it converts the fonts you add into the format they need to be in order to be used on the web so you don’t have to worry about any of that stuff.
How to Import a Custom Font to your Site
- Install the Use Any Font WordPress plugin.
- Click the Use Any Font menu item in the admin navigation.
- Acquire your API key. This needs to be done even if you’re using the free option.
- Once you’ve verified your API key click the Add Fonts button. Give the font a name, select the font file and click Upload.
- The custom font has now been imported to your site.
How to use an Imported Font on your Site
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Fonts > Site Title and set the Font Type to Custom Font.
- Enter the name of the custom font that you’ve imported to Use Any Font in the Font Name field.
- Your site title will now display in the custom font.